Updated: Jun 17, 2018
By Dr. Phang Cheng Kar (M.D.),
1. Mindful Start: A mindful leader starts the day in the morning with at least 10-15 minutes of mindfulness practice, e.g., Mindful Body Stretching or Mindful Breathing. It stills the mind and kick-starts a productive and efficient day.
2. Mindful Communication: A mindful leader gives his/her full presence when connecting with colleagues, customers, friends, and family members. He/she smiles and listens attentively with Mindful MIYAOW? It improves interpersonal relationships.
3. Mindful Break/STOP: A mindful leader sprinkles the day with tiny moments of present moment awareness, e.g., by practicing Mindful-S.T.O.P. It refreshes the mind-body and sharpens attention.
4. Mindful Eating: A mindful leader gives full attention to savoring his/her meals even if it is just for 10-15 minutes. He/she tries not to answer the phone, check emails, answer WhatsApp messages, or entertain other distractions during meals. It nourishes the body and mind.
5. Mindful Walking: A mindful leader grabs every opportunity to cultivate mindfulness. In between meetings at different venues, he/she tries to breathe and walk mindfully (focus on the movements and sensations of walking), before attending another meeting. It makes meetings more productive.
6. Mindful Travelling: A mindful leader listens to inspirational talks related to mindfulness and wellness while driving. Or he/she pays Beginner’s Mind attention to the wonders of the present moment (e.g., beautiful sky, trees, and birds) - happiness is here-and-now. During the overseas trip, he/she often practices Mindful Photography to appreciate the beauty of nature.
7. Mindful Resting: A mindful leader ends the day with Body Scan and Body Grounding exercises to relax and chill out. He/she rejoices on all the pleasant and good-enough moments throughout the day with the ‘Google-WWW-Yahoo’ practice. It helps to sleep well and ‘R.I.P.’ (Rest In The Present).
Doing your best at THIS MOMENT puts you in the best place for the next moment