I've created a new word to share with you.
Empajoy - noun Empajoice - verb Empajoyful - adjective
🔘 Meaning: feeling happy for the wellbeing & success of others.
🔘 Root words:
🔹Em - Empathy
🔹Joy / Rejoice
🔘 Examples of sentences:
1. Empajoy is a positive emotion & the opposite feeling of jealousy.
2. I feel so empajoyful when she told me about her son's graduation.
3. I empajoice her success in promoting mindfulness practice to her colleagues.
4. The therapist listened empajoyfully to his patient's sharing on overcoming depression.
5. I'm having a great time empajocing my students' achievement.
🔘 Synonym: Mudita (Pali), Freudenfreude (German), 'shoy*'
🔘 Antonym: envy, jealous, Schadenfreude (German).
*Shoy (sharing joy): intentionally sharing the joy of someone relating a success story by showing interest and asking follow-up questions.
I belief with the frequent usage of the new word, "EMPAJOY" would help to increase the positive emotion meant by the word.